Thursday, May 01, 2014


The Muppets are my earliest memory, not one of my earliest memories, but my very first one ever in my whole life. I have a distinct memory of loving Kermit and being afraid of Sweetums and the other big guys. I love Muppets Babies, Muppets Tonight, Fraggle Rock, all the movies that they're in...I wish that The Muppet Show would re-boot itself onto teevee. I have a Kermit tattoo on my arm.

I am very excited to see their latest theatrical effort, Muppets Most Wanted. Supposedly the powers that be at Disney are concerned 'cause it didn't make a ton of money. I'm a bit angry at the family friendly movie going audience for supporting the Alvin and the Chipmunks trilogy to well over a billion dollars in ticket sales, but not showing similar love to The Muppets franchise. Hopefully the $70 million that it has made so far (off a $50 million budget) might convince Disney that there is indeed a smaller but still supportive audience out there. Mayhaps an audience might more easily support Kermit and company on the small screen.

Muppets Most Wanted screens at the Mayfair on Saturday May 3rd and Sunday May 4th at 1:30pm and 3:45pm.

No comments: