Thursday, February 28, 2013



Today I have a busy schedule of braving the Hoth winter wonderland like outdoors to get some more tattoo stuff done, followed by a Mozart performance from the NAC orchestra. Not ideally planned, as having an arm covered in fresh tattoo work isn't ideal for dressing up or applauding. Before that I have to get in a big meal too, always must remember to at before all the needle related pain and blood loss.

Added to all that excitement of tattoo's, high brow entertainment and gorging...today is also new Dunny day! The new line of collectible vinyl art toys feature 13 new designs, all from fan-favourite artist Huck Gee. Some folks look at stuff like Dunny's as waste of money, dust collectors. I admit that I can understand that point of view, but I've become hooked on the things and can't resist. I don't see them as junk, but as genuine lil' pieces of limited edition (and for the most part affordable) pop-art.

Sometimes I look at my collection of Dunny's and get a brief flash that logically I could have spent that money better elsewhere. Then I remember that if I hadn't of purchased all of them, I wouldn't have any Dunny's! That's not a world that I want to be a part of.

No comments: