Friday, June 29, 2012


I'm not exactly sure how this fest came about, I can't remember. I do know that I was contemplating another short film festival theme to have fall in-between Valentine's sexy / romantic Painted Lips and Lolly Licks and Halloween's scarry Killer63 festivals, and fake trailers popped into my brain. I had a feeling I could drum up enough interest from local filmmakers and mix that with ones found online or via other fests and puzzle-piece something decent together. Mix that up with a bunch of 35mm trailers from the grindhouse / b-movie / drive-in classic trailer archives from the Mayfair vaults, and I figured that we had enough Mayfair patrons who would be interested in taking in such a program. We have a bunch of really great work from local filmmakers, along with stuff from the States and from International submissions. I don't want to spoil what trailers are being screened in the actual trailer section, but there's a little something for movie-nerds of all kinds: epic super-hero, gory horror, unbelievable exploitation, explosive 80's action, bizarre sci-fi, weird comedy, etc...

The second annual Fake Trailers Reel Festival, tomorrow night at 10:30pm at the Mayfair. A two hour not to be missed program of fake trailers for imaginary movies and real trailers for awesome movies. Another evening at the cinema that could only be had at the Mayfair.

No comments: