Sunday, June 16, 2013


Even a lifelong movie watching addict like myself has holes in his cinematic checklist. Even more-so than that, even if you consider yourself in the history of motion pictures, there are always some that fall through the cracks of knowledge. In the slim category of not only movies I hadn't seen, but have never even heard of, was Breaking Away. The film recently came up in conversation coincidentally enough on not one but two podcasts that I listen to, Nerdist and Doug Loves Movies. Evidently it's on of those movies that no one knows exists, but those who do put it up on a cherished pedestal. Then as fates would have it, it popped up on the Netflix. All I knew about it was that it had something to do about bikes. I like going into movies blind, I won't give away too much about the plot, so you can do so as well if you haven't seen the movie either. It's kind of an American Graffiti or Stand By Me feel to it, a small town set coming of age in America tale. I am glad I finally found out of the films existence, it may just be on my favourites list now as well.

No comments: