Monday, July 02, 2012


This is not the first time that I have extolled the virtues of Cabin in the Woods on my lil' blog, and in all likelihood it will not be the last. I'll have some other excuse to do so in the future, like when it comes out on blu ray, or when I read the novelization or a behind-the -scenes book or something.

My current round of gushing praise is due to the film being screened at the Mayfair tonight and on the 3rd and 4th. I would have gladly waited to see the Joss Whedon / Drew Goddard modern horror masterpiece on home turf, I just happened to get a hold of an advance screening pass though. Hence I went to see it at the evil multiplex...I'm sorry, I could not resist! It was free! I thought I might get to win a shirt or something!

If there is any perfect setting to see a film such as this though, it's at the Mayfair. As an added bonus tonight, the film is hosted by fellow Joss Whedon fans, The Ottawa Browncoats. They'll be on hand to publicize and sell tickets for their September charity screening of that other Joss masterpiece, Serenity. And yes joss fans, we are keeping our fingers crossed that we can get our hands on the upcoming Much Ado About Nothing.

No comments: