Tuesday, July 31, 2012


I've been slowly making my way through frequent Daily Show contributor and former face of the non-Mac Computer John Hodgman's book, The Area of my Expertise, for an age. It's one of those books containing a number of short articles and random essays, charts and graphs and segments, so easy to be interrupted and then come back to without seeming lost to the flow of the work.

The actual full title of the book is John Hodgman A Professional Writer, In The Areas Of My Expertise Which Include: Matters Historical, Matters Literary, Matters Cryptozoological, Hobo Matters, Food, Drink & cheese (a Kind of Food), Squirrels & Lobsters & Eels, Haircuts, Utopia, What Will Happen in the Future, and Most Other Subjects. So yeah...there's not much more descriptive I can give you that's not in the extended title right there. I can tell you that the text book styled comedic work may just mess up your mind forever to what is actually historical fact in many subjects. It might also cause people nearby to think you are crazy while you laugh in an out loud manner while reading the book while sitting on a bus. I encourage you to take that risk.

No comments: