Thursday, July 05, 2012


Slightly out of order, as I get my hands on them from the library, I'm making my way through the impressive Complete Peanuts series of books as published by Fantagraphics. Once the final book of the series is published, the project will have spanned over twelve years and twenty-five hard-cover books at about 320 pages each.

The latest one that I checked off my list was the 1973-1974 volume, which included the above hockey themed comic strip between Peppermint Patty and Franklin strip. So, now instead of thinking that Peppermint Patty is a lesbian icon, I will forever think she is a insensitive and kinda' racisty lesbian icon.Look at poor Franklin in panel number four...shocked and stunned, hockey playing hopes and dreams shattered. Not cool Patty...not cool.

No comments: