Monday, March 25, 2013



One of my bestest friends was kind enough to not only buy me day-before-my-birthday cupcakes today, she also got me Willow on blu ray. It is one of my favourite movies of all time, I'm happy to add it to my collection, but the cover of the box leads me towards the constant complain about horrible photo-shop movie poster work.



Look at the modern photographic cut and paste poster vs the original 1980's theatrical version. I could rant endlessly about this...and have...and will likely continue to do so until they shape up. Someone got paid actual money to slap that blu ray box art together. In fact, they probably got paid a lot, and will continue to have a career slapping together more sub-par offerings for Hollywood. It comes down to a simple question though, which poster would you put up on a wall? I think statistics would hover around 100% in favour of the original.

No comments: