Friday, May 23, 2014


I'm sure there is some form of NHL playoff action going on tomorrow night. I lose major Canadian citizen points by once again having little to no knowledge as to anything happening in the world of hockey. I know that Montreal is still in the running,'cause I continue to be glad that my Montreal residing friends haven't been killed in Mad Max-ian caliber hockey riots that happen when the Habs win or lose. Otherwise, I am in the dark to the ways of these strange ice skating / face punching ways.

Much more important than Hockey Night in Canada though, Saturday May 24 is Roller Derby Night in Ottawa!

It's a double header night of derby action in Kanata (which is technically Ottawa) with an inter-league bout as the Riot Squad battle the Prime Sinisters. Round 2 will feature the Vixens squaring off against the Roc City RocStars from the far off land of Rochester NY.

Doors open at 5:00pm. Tickets are a mere $10 bucks. For more info, check out the Rideau Valley Roller Girls site.

No comments: