Saturday, August 02, 2014


Our screening of Sharknado was one of the greatest nights in the the history of the Mayfair. I'm not even kidding or being sarcastic, Sharknado garnered a near sell-out audience and was a pure B-movie crowd pleaser. It got a standing ovation once the Sharknado had been defeated and the credits rolled. I have a feeling that everyone there left feeling that they had not watched a bad movie, but had experienced a great night out at the movies. I genuinely really liked this movie, and not in a hipster reverse psychology kinda way. I thought that the folks involved in making this B-grade (or maybe more like a C or D grade) Monster movie all did a really great job in offering up a really nice bit of entertainment with the budget, tools and talent that they had on hand.

Not so surprisingly, the cult phenomena that was Sharknado has spun into a sequel, which we premiere tonight at the Mayfair. I haven't seen the film yet, so I cannot comment on its quality, but I am confident to proclaim that a good time will be had by all. I think my favourite thing about this sort of movie event, is it is further proof that watching a movie in a theatre with a crowd is always better then watching it at home.

Sharknado 2: The Second One - Saturday August 2nd at 9:00pm - Mayfair Theatre - One Night Only!

No comments: