Saturday, January 11, 2014


Saturday Morning Cartoons! On those rare Saturday's when my girlfriend and I both have a moment to spare, w like to get in a bit of cartoon watchin'. This-morning we watched TheRegular Show, Phineas & Ferb, Adventure Time, Bob's Burgers and Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated.

I'm not sure how I feel about the latest incarnation of the Scooby Gang. It's not that I mind reinterpretations of classic cartoon characters, but something about this new reboot is just slightly off. My main concern circles around Velma. They've made her skirt shorter, she's lost 20 pounds, and now she's doting and love-struck over Shaggy. You have to try new plot-twists and throw new conflict possibilities at characters who are many decades old, but there's something about her reboot that just rings a little offensive I think.

No comments: