Monday, February 24, 2014


It was hectic with lots of e-mails and wrangling and social media hours spent working along at Mayfair related chaos. Our projector exploded, as you might understand, a working projector is kind of a necessity to screen movies at a movie theatre and to make money and stay open. Plus, I was a bit upset at some editorial rejection for a comic book script that I wrote and am very fond of.

As an added bonus, I woke up at 4:00am with the worst pain I've ever felt in my life thanks to an ear-ache. Seriously. It was deadly. Worse than getting a chest tattoo.

Amidst all the broken Mayfair stress, writing woes, and a debilitating pain in my head, to top it all off I got a text informing me that Harold Ramis died. Not a good day.

My mum used to let me watch SCTV reruns in my early childhood, so by the time I saw Ghostbusters and Stripes, I was already a fan. I won't bother running through Harold's resume...but I will point out that I even liked Multiplicity.

This all happens on a day in which we had Caddyshack on the schedule at the Mayfair. If the projector hadn't of konked out on us, we would have screened a Harold Ramis movie tonight! What are the chances of that!?

Anyhow, I'm really sad...we're all sad. On a day when I get choked up reading many a Harold Ramis tribute from everyone from Patton Oswalt to Bill Murray to President Obama, luckily we can easily remember his genius talent and better times. Let's all go watch Ghostbusters.

No comments: