Sunday, December 31, 2006

Yesterday evening was a great night on all fronts. First we (and by "we" I mean the Ottawa Senators) beat the evil Toronto Maple Leafs 3 - 2, then I found a Pez dispenser (still in the package), and then the Killer63 premiere went incredibly well.

I took it upon myself be the ticket seller in the box office, and it was a roller-coaster heart-stopping ride of constantly almost running out of change. The Mayfair folks were quite impressed with the large crowd who came out not only to see a bunch of indie shorts, but who did so very late at night on a Saturday during the Holidays. I hope that this might mean that the theatre is open to the idea of more late night and indie screenings there.

I'm not sure what's immediately next for us in the K63. I've already gotten requests for DVD's and for another screening. So keep and eye out and check the K63 blog every so often and we'll do our best to keep you all posted of related news and upcoming events. We'll definitely be back next year for another round, only maybe a bit earlier, like around October 31st or so. Great job to all the filmmakers, and a big thank you go out to everyone who came to check out the movies. Especially the ones who coughed up six bucks to get in, not like those free-loading filmmakers. Happy New Year everyone.

No comments: