Sunday, November 17, 2013


When I was younger, I loved Adam Sandler and hated Woody Allen. That personal cinematic opinion has flipped-flopped over the years. I'm pretty sure Adam Sandler has given up on caring about his output years ago (see Grown Ups 2). On the other hand, I can't get enough of Woody now-a-days. I love all of his movies, watch documentaries about him, and dream of going to see him play with his jazz band in NYC.

His latest work is Blu Jasmine,it stars Cate Blanchett, Alec Baldwin, Louis CK and Andrew Dice Clay (yes! THAT Andrew Dice Clay). It tells the tale of a spoiled rich trophy wife, and how her world crumbles after her husband leaves her for another woman and she is left with no money or distraction or purpose in life. It is more Woody Allen gold. I expect more Oscar nominations in the future for Woody and for his lead.

Blue Jasmine screens at the Mayfair tonight at 6:00pm, Mon Nov 18 and Tues Nov 19 at 7:00pm.

No comments: