Monday, March 12, 2012


A few days ago I found some old Star Wars Pepsi bottles in a box that I hadn't opened for a very long time. In fact, the box may not have been opened since 1999 or so, at the time when Episode 1 was out in theatres and I purchased and drank the product.

The highlight of my day was when upon asking the interwebs advice, I soaked said bottles in crazy hot water for a few hours in an attempt to remove the labels. With labels removed I could keep them for geek cataloging and hoarding purposes, without wasting precious space from a bunch of bottles put up on a shelf. They could be hid away in one of a number of Star Wars coffee table books that I have, and free up room for various other geek treasure to be displayed. To my pleasant surprise, the glue disappeared and the labels eased right off. Amazing stuff. That is the pulse-pounding kind of thing that actually fills me with joy and excitement. Don't judge me.

No comments: